Thursday, March 12, 2015

Hop Against Homophobia, Bi- and Transphobia 2015


The Hop Against Homophobia, Biphobia, and Transphobia (HAHABT) was created to spread awareness of homophobia, biphobia and transphobia, and to stand together as a writer community against discrimination of our works. 

The hop is now open for sign-ups.

Dates:
Sign-ups for the HAHABT will end on May 14th.
The hop begins on May 17th and runs through May 24th. 

Participation requirements:
To sign up for the HAHABT, you must be an author, publisher, reviewer, or cover designer of LGBTQ fiction (you do not have to write, publish, review, or cover design LGBTQ works exclusively) and provide a link to your blog and active email address. That's it!

We encourage you to mention the blog in its lead-up. We'll be doing our part in promoting the event, but the more people talk about it, the bigger and better it will be.

What participating entails:
Participating requires that you post a post on your blog for the hop on May 17, 2015. The post must include:
» The HAHABT image, with a link to the official hop site: http://hopagainsthomophobia.blogspot.com/
» Note that it's the International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia, and Biphobia in the post, and include a topic that relates to LGBTQ.
» An LGBTQ-related prize, such as donations in the winner's name, paperbacks or ebooks (your own or someone else's), swag, t-shirts, or anything you like that is connected to the LGBTQ community.
» Links to the other blog participants (we'll offer a code that you can put at the bottom of your post to link to multiple other participants).

We'll be sending out a reminder email with all the specifics once we get closer to the kick-off date of the hop, so watch your email in May.

Restrictions:
» Any direct links to sales pages will be removed. You must link to your blog.
» Any non LGBTQ participants will be removed.
» We expect that those who sign up will be legitimately interested in participating in a positive manner. Therefore, those who sign up to express negative views of the hop will be removed from the links.
» Your post must be up no later than one day after May 17th. If your post isn't up on the 18th, you will receive a reminder. If the post isn't up by the 19th, your link will be removed. You can pre-schedule posts in most (if not all) blog programs, and we encourage you to do so.

When you sign up:
Please provide a correct link to your blog and an active email address.
Please use the following indicators behind your names (i.e. NJ Nielsen (M/M)), whichever applies:
» Gay: (M/M) or (GAY)
» Lesbian: (F/F) or (LES) 
» Trans: (TR)
» Bi: (BI) - M/F/M and F/M/F are not bi if there's no romantic/sexual interaction between the same sexes.
» Reviewers: (REV)
» Publishers: (PUB)
» Cover designers: (DES)
» Multiple pairings: (MULTI) - or list what you do, e.g. (M/M, F/F, REV). This option is for those who write e.g. M/M and Trans stories. Please note that M/F stories are not a part of this hop yet, so if you write F/F and M/F, please only add the F/F behind your name. The LGBT character(s) must be a main character in your story.

Finally:
Those who add the HAHABT badge to the sidebar of their blog and keep it there until the hop starts will be added to our blog roll. The blog roll will stay up until next year. Please promote the event to your readers and fellow writers to help make this hop a success.

Have any questions? Please take a look at our FAQ page. If you don't find your answer there, feel free to ask us :)


40 comments:

  1. not sure why my link wont upload :( but I've signed in twice (as I thought maybe I did it wrong the first time) and I've also put the pic and link up on my blogs side bar - can't wait for this event to start :)

    beeheeley(@)gmail(.)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's odd. I'll check the technical stuff and see if I can fix it.

      Delete
    2. I couldn't found any technical issues, but I signed you up :) Thanks for taking part.

      Delete
    3. Hm, wonder what happened ... Oh well, thank you!

      Delete
  2. Signed up. But do want to ask if the code for the links to the other participants will be compatible with Wordpress blogs since I am on that site now and I know it has rather stupid restrictions on html and coding stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My blog is Wordpress powered and I've participated for the last two years with no problems.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. I don't remember having to copy any code into my post last time I joined in (which was two years ago). But if there was I was on blogger then anyway where you have a lot more flexibility in what you can add. If it is an issue I will have to grovel apologies to the organisers and remember to cross this one off my list of hops to join in for future years

      Delete
    3. If I remember correctly, the SimplyLinked offers code for both Blogger and WordPress. If not, it's okay to just link to this hop page :)

      Delete
  3. I can't seem to sign up either. Could you help? My blog is Word Affair (Barbara Winkes, F/F), and my email address is BarbaraWinkes (at) hotmail (dot) com. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to request that next year you also allow those of us that offer services to LGBTQ authors since we'd love to show our support too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome to sign up this year :)

      Delete
    2. Im honored to be invited now participating in this event. If i or any of myfb pages, twitter, blog or any s.m. sites can do anything to help or promote please dont hesitate to ask

      Delete
  5. I did not know where to put my name/indicator. It is Erin O'Quinn (M/M). Thanks for inviting me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to sign up, but I need to know when the tour package goes out. I am going out of the country May 8th, so I'd like to get the post set up and scheduled by May 7th, and then I can have the personal tending to my social media promote it on / after the 17th. Of course, that's my issue, not yours, so if that's not enough time, I'll understand and keep my eye out for next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You offer a price on your blog and send it out yourself (like an ebook). There's no mass prize package. If you can't send it right away, just put it in a disclaimer at the bottom of your post :) Otherwise, you're fine.

      Delete
  7. Hi Erika, my blogspot link for some reason goes to my website - can you fix or should I just delete and start over?
    http://wwwjpbowie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Erika, I forgot to put M/M after my name.
    ~M

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Erika, I forgot to put Gay after my name. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops, I didn't think this out. I should have put my name next to my blog name (I'm #110 Artist Mutterings). Is it possible to change that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It should have read Catherine Dair Cover designers: (DES) Because I'm an idiot. *headdesk*

      Delete
  11. The hop starts in two days. I signed up into May so I don't know if you sent out the email yet or not - but can you send it to me? I'm hoping you'll include the code to add the list to my post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email was supposed to go out yesterday, but something came up. They go out today instead.

      Delete
  12. So sad to miss this. Just found it so have signed to get emails so we don't miss the next one. Such a great thing to be involved in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. #106 here. If you would please re-write mine so it isn't all in caps, it would be much appreciated. It was the middle of the night, I wasn't thinking clearly, I went with the autocorrect suggestion...

    It should read "NSBeranek (Gay)".

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Erica ~ This is Jolynn's wife Kathy. I thought I had signed us up for the hop a bit ago, but I don't see a link. Is it possible to still be in it?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here is our post if you would want to link to it. ~ Kathy

    https://jolynnraymond.com/2015/05/hop-against-homophobia-bi-and-transphobia-2015/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I'll add it, but I need your email address.

      Delete
    2. It's jolynnraymond@gmail.com. She writes F/f fiction and non-fiction, but mostly M/f ~ Thanks a bunch ~ Kathy

      Delete
  16. I am so very happy that a blogger I follow is taking part in this otherwise I would have happened upon the beauty that is this blog hop! Thank you all for participating, educating, and speaking from your hearts and souls! Off I go to explore!
    Brandy from Brandy's Bustlings

    ReplyDelete